Saturday, May 2, 2009

Inside pics

I went by the house on Tuesday after work but by the time I got there at 5:30PM it was too dark to see anything through the windows so I will now only go on weekends. Fortunately when I called by this morning there was a tradesman there. The last time I spoke to the Allworth lady she said I could go in and have a look around if there was somebody working there so I did!


The laundry floor has been tiled and the bench with drop in tub installed.


The broom/linen cupboard is also in place. This is in addition to two linen cupboards in the main hallway. You can never have enough storage space.


An inside view of the kitchen. this is where the rangehood will go above the 900mm wide five burner gas cooktop. Notice at the top left of the photo there is no cornice. That's what the guy was installing today.


From left to right this is the pantry, fridge space, appliance cupboard and finally space for the microwave, wall oven and pot drawers at the bottom.


Somebody's wheelbarrow, shovel, broom, bucket and tools!


Ensuite floor tiles laid and double vanity. I was originally going to have dark floor tiles but when I revisited some display homes that had dark brown tiles decided it made it look too dark. Like the laundry, they still have the grout slurry all over them which makes them look lighter than they actually are.


Ensuite shower recess. No, they didn't forget one of the shower taps. I opted for flick mixers everywhere including in the showers.


Shelving has been put in the walk in robe (and all other robes and cupboards). This is a really huge walk in, the photo doesn't do it justice.


Main bathroom vanity. The ensuite one is bigger! I was so over picking the colour of everything at the colour selection appointment I made everything in the bathroom and ensuite the same. So if it works..... great, but if it doesn't..... well lets not go there. Colour selection was last October and it's quite a daunting experience having to pick the colours for everything in a two hour appointment (that lasted for three).


The spa bath is in main bathroom as it wouldn't fit in the ensuite.


Kitchen now with cornice fitted above cupboards. The plasterer did this whilst I was wandering around the rest of the house. I left him in peace after this as he was just about to put the other one up.


Tiles around the edge of the front verandah.


Top has had a layer of cement put down but no tiles yet. Maybe by next weekend.


This is a sample peice of the CaesarStone I have had the kitchen benchtops made from. It's bloody expensive but looks really nice. You can request samples from http://www.caesarstone.com.au.




Well that's it for this week.