Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tiles galore

On Monday the 16/02/09 I had to decide on the tiles that will be used in the bathrooms, laundry, front porch and kitchen splashback.

I had made a preliminary visit to Beaumont Tiles last October and picked the tiles I wanted from the allowable range only to discover last week that most of them had been removed from the range so I had to pick all over again. What a nightmare!!!


These are the tiles I chose for the bathroom and ensuite. I liked neutral colours but not too beige and these have a greyish tinge to them. The look better in real life.



This is the Listello I chose. It wasn't in the range at all so I had to pay extra for it though for the two bathrooms the extra was only $140. I really didn't like anything in the standard range and I saw something similar in a display home and thought it looked good. It will run in a straight line up the wall of the shower recesses rather than around the top of the tiles.




These are the laminate colours for the laundry broom cupboard and bench. The sample on the right is the bathroom vanity colour.




These are the tiles for the laundry floor and splashback tiles for around the laundry tub.




These are the tiles for the front porch




This is the kitchen splashback, kitchen benchtop and cupboard style. I like timber and since I had a free choice of Tasmanian Oak cupboards I took it as it is normally a $3000 upgrade. The splashback colour is Gloss Donkey Grey, where do they get these names from???



The kitchen benchtop is Caesar Stone Ice snow. This image is from their web site. It is white and has flecks of grey in it which should match the stainless steel appliances. It also picks up the colour of the splash back tile nicely, or so the tile selection lady informed me :-)



This is a similar profile to what I chose for the cupboards. They will be fitted with brushed stainless steel handles.



So that concludes our colours tour. All I can say is picking all the colours for a house that hasn't been built yet is quite a stressful experience!